We are thrilled to be taking part once again in the Uxbridge Studio Tour, and what a lineup of guest artists we have! Visit us Sept 17 -18 to see the spectacular leather work of Chandra Cutter, one-of-a-kind jewellery from Kim Price, and outstanding aboriginal fine art from Donald Chrétien - as well as our latest salvaged material pieces!!
What is the Wilkins Design team doing for Studio Tour weekend?
Our doors will be open and we are sincerely looking forward to seeing you! It (almost) feels like the world is getting back to normal but with a little additional caution.
Who are this year's fabulous guest artists?
Every year we are delighted to host artists whose work we admire and want to show our guests. The artists that you will find this year at Studio Site 13 are:
- So if you've found your way to this blog then you already know who we are. But in case you're new... Mike creates wonderful one-of-a-kind functional and sculptural art pieces out of salvaged and reclaimed materials. Sometimes the work is earthy, other times it's brutally industrial. The eclectic mix of materials and his designs give our home studio a cool city vibe even though the building is over 100 years old. See Mike's bio page HERE.
- Jewellery artist Kimberley Price is inspired by the art of other cultures and may string, for example, antique silver beads from the Turkoman of northern Afghanistan with Venetian beads traded into Africa in the late 19th century. Stop by a wear a piece of art home. Learn more about Kim HERE.
- Aboriginal fine artist Donald Chrétien is new to our artist tour this year but not new to the area. Having shown his work across Canada we are delighted that he has time to spend the weekend showing his incredible artwork to our tour visitors. Want to find out more about Donald and his vast portfolio of work? Check out Donald's artist bio on the Uxbridge Studio Tour website. You will be blown away!
- Chanda creates stunning handcrafted fashion pieces from quality leather - Natural materials crafted using historical techniques. You won't want to miss her work. Visit her bio page to learn more about this talented artist.
Where is our studio located?
This year we are Studio Site 13. Our home studio gallery is located on the east side of beautiful historic Uxbridge - 112 Brock Street East. You won't be able to miss us, we're the big red brick Victorian house with all of the Studio Tour signs outside.
How do I take part in the Studio Tour?
Never been on a Studio Tour before? It's easy.
- Visit the website and plan which studios you want to visit. Remember that it takes time to travel between studios so plan accordingly. In our experience visiting 5-6 studios is the maximum you will want to plan for...and that's if you really take the project seriously. A more leisurely approach would be 2 in the morning, a break for lunch at one of our sponsor locations, then 2 studios in the afternoon.
- Find each studio and come on in! We'll be really pleased to see you.
- Browse the art, chat with the artists, purchase any work that you love and that's it! There is no obligation to buy (but we'd be lying if we said that we didn't want you to).
- Tell your friends!
Looking for more details?
For more details on this year's artists, where the studios are located, and more visit uxbridgestudiotour.com